16 Hour Critical Issues in Clinical Supervision - 2 Day Required Course For Florida Clinical Supervisors Certification
- 16 CEU's
- Presenter: Patrick DeChello Ph.D., MSW, LCSW, RPH
- Check for seminar availability in Arizona (AZ), Connecticut (CT), Florida (FL), Illinois (IL), Louisiana (LA), Maine (ME), Massachusetts (MA), Michigan (MI), Oregon (OR), Rhode Island (RI), Texas (TX), Vermont (VT), Washington (WA)
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION, SUMMARY AND OUTLINE
This comprehensive two-day workshop addresses issues of importance in both administrative and clinical supervision & complies with all FL requirements to become a Qualified Supervisor.
Quality Supervision Enhances Service
Clinical Supervision is an interactive process in which a supervisor assists, or directs the practice of supervises through teaching, administration, demonstration, and actual helping. Administrative supervision brings the process full circle. Ultimately, everyone wins, including the clients you serve.
Sharpen Your Supervisory Skills
This workshop is designed to assist the supervisor to develop or sharpen essential supervisory skills.
Learn From the Masters!
D & S Associates have over 25 years of first hand experience with administrative supervision, clinical supervision, and clinical practice.
Progress with Professional Standards
D & S Associates sets the professional standards for training individuals seeking the necessary skill development in clinical and administrative supervision.
Workshop Topics Covered
- Definition of Clinical Supervision
- Role of the supervisor
- Define the elements of good supervision
- Supervising new vs. experienced clinicians
- Define what supervisors do
- The Supervisor's personal self-assessment
- Be familiar with major supervision models
- Assessing the supervisee's skill & abilities.
- Developing a supervisory & educational plan
- Teaching therapeutic techniques
- Contracting with supervisees
- Developing a personal theory of supervision
- Developing supervisory guidelines & plans
- Legal Issues in Clinical Practice
- Parallel Process & effect on client care
- Formal vs. Informal Supervision
- Group Supervision
- Evaluation of Practice
- Guidelines for " critiqueicism" & criticism
- Supervisee assessment of practice
- Transference vs. Counter transference
- Documentation of supervision and treatment
- Conflict resolution
- Criteria for useful feedback
- Liability and safety issues
- Ethical, Cultural & Gender Issues in Practice
- Clinical vs Administrative supervision techniques.