A Holistic Approach to the Treatment of Bulimia and Compulsive Eating
- 7.5 CEU's
- Tammy Nelson, MS ATR LADC LPC Certified Imago Therapist
- Check for seminar availability in Arizona (AZ), Connecticut (CT), Florida (FL), Illinois (IL), Louisiana (LA), Maine (ME), Massachusetts (MA), Michigan (MI), Oregon (OR), Rhode Island (RI), Texas (TX), Vermont (VT), Washington (WA)
Home study Courses:
On-line Course: Coming Soon
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION, SUMMARY AND OUTLINE
Eating disorders and compulsive eating symptoms "fill up" a spiritual emptiness, and are reflected in the high rates of recidivism in treatment programs and even higher rates of "failure" on diet plans, indicating that compulsive eating is not just a physical symptom to be treated with psychotropic medication and exercise. Nor is it primarily a psychological disorder that is affected solely by traditional "talk" therapies.
A holistic approach to the treatment can successfully address the soul's "hunger" for fullness that underlies these disorders. When the longing for connection, sexuality and spirituality are fulfilled, sufferers recover a sense of their emotions, their bodies, and their souls.
This presentation focuses on healing the body mind and spirit and will address the holistic needs of those clients who struggle with "soul" hunger.a hunger that they, at times, erroneously fill with unwanted food. The symptoms of "soul hunger" which include a need for emotional connection, healthy sexuality and spiritual meaning, will comprise the majority of this presentation. Holistic treatment that addresses the emotional, physical and spiritual aspects of recovery from compulsive eating and obesity will be included.
- Attendees will learn the symptoms of "soul hunger" and how to recognize compulsive eating and obesity as they relate to body, mind and spirit.
- Attendees will learn ways to focus on helping clients heal symptoms of "soul hunger" through holistic treatment that addresses emotional, physical and spiritual recovery.
- Attendees will experience techniques focused on balancing body, mind and spirit including visualization and short writing exercises focused on "filling" the "hungry" soul.