Providing Effective Clinical Supervision
- 7.5 CEU's
- Presenter: Patrick DeChello Ph.D., MSW, LCSW, RPH
- Check for seminar availability in Arizona (AZ), Connecticut (CT), Florida (FL), Illinois (IL), Louisiana (LA), Maine (ME), Massachusetts (MA), Michigan (MI), Oregon (OR), Rhode Island (RI), Texas (TX), Vermont (VT), Washington (WA)
- DS 13 - Providing Effective Supervision
- Author: Patrick DeChello Ph.D., MSW, LCSW
Home study Courses:
On-line Course: Coming Soon
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION, SUMMARY AND OUTLINE
This seminar provides individuals who are interested in renewing or attaining their certification as a clinical supervisor (the CCS) half of the CEU's necessary for re-certification or 7 hours towards the initial requirements. ATTENDING THIS WORKSHOP AND ITS OTHER SECTION FOR 2 CONSECUTIVE DAYS WILL PROVIDE ALL HOURS NECESSARY FOR CCS RENEWAL. All certified clinical supervisors must attain 12 CEU hours in specifically approved workshops for the CCS credential every 2 years to be eligible for renewal.
8:45 The role of the clinical supervisor
- When is supervision clinical and when is it not?
- Employee Clinical Assessment
9:00 Client Clinical Assessment- Practical Applications
10:30 If it Ain't Written It Didn't Happen
- Legal considerations in clinical practice
- Suicide Assessment
- Tarasoff Decision
1:00 Law versus Ethics versus values
- What are the ethical standards and how do they play out in clinical practice.
- Code of Ethics for Substance Abuse Counselors.
2:30 What kind of supervisor are you?
- Helping Response Inventory
- Disciplinary Action
- Effective Communication
- Active Listening
- Changing your supervisee's attitude
- The DSM IV TR and the assessment process Evaluation of clinical practice